Friday, April 2, 2010

Beauty tips: I'm loving Giovanni's Cool Mint Lemonade Salt Scrub with crushed mint leaves. The trick is to rub on spots you want to soften before you get yourself wet in the shower - exfoliates always work better on dry skin. Then rinse and ooh la la - your skin is super silky soft. I would not recommend using it on the face - it's much too harsh but it is a perfect body exfoliator. I've found this product at Target, Whole Foods and even Safeway in the organic section. And I've used dozens of products on my dry feet (Dr. Scholl's, H2O out of Chicago, Weleda, etc.) and nothing worked until I discovered Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Foot Cream - wash feet, pat dry but while still soft from the bath, apply the cream, don a pair of socks and go to bed. It doesn't beat a good pedicure shaving on dry heels but it does penetrate the dryness.

Cooking tips: I just picked this idea up from famed chef Jaime Oliver - steam your veggies and then hand toss the wilted spinach, broccoli, green beans, dinosaur kale, it in a bowl with EVOO, sea salt, pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice and crushed red pepper if you like. I used to heat my veggies WITH the EVOO and spices but Oliver's way is so much healthier and tastier. Simply delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment