Sunday, February 7, 2010

This is my first posting and I'm a tad nervous about having everyone read my writings - but then that's what blogging is all about - revealing oneself, right? My reason for blogging is to get back in to writing. I used to write all the time - I kept journals throughout my teen years, excelled in all my high school English classes and ended up majoring in English Lit in college. I taught remedial writing to college students at a community college and later did a six year stint at Outside Magazine as a fact checker and editor where I had many opportunities to write short pieces. Since leaving there in 2005, I've written very little. I realize I need to write to feel whole. Getting my words down on paper helps me to sort through my jumbled thoughts and to make sense of them. And blogging will be my way of recording my time at home and in the world with our nearly two year old son Dax (he turns two on TUESDAY!) - the joy and miracle of my life and my husband's. He's now speaking in five- and six-word sentences, counting to 12 and singing his full ABC's. His vocabulary is amazingly huge and he wows me daily with his grasp of the English language. And Dax is just downright sweet, funny, adorable - a one of a kind kid.

1 comment:

  1. Ki - how lucky we will be to have your writings to read, I am really excited to hear that your creative impulse is getting you to do this!
    xo Suzanne
    Happy Birthday Dax!!

    ReplyDelete