Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm elated. I found a babysitter - a 20 year old college student who came highly recommended by a mom in my mom's group. Now, for the first time since Dax was born, Tim and I can start going on regular dates. It's mind-blowing really. I still can't believe it. I'm already brainstorming about where to eat and what movie to see and the date isn't even until next Friday. Living far away from family has taken its toll on our marriage in terms of having quality time for just ourselves. And with a second one on the way, it's even more imperative that we start carving out Ki and Tim time.
For anyone who knows me well, they know how much I love beauty products. Forget the closet full of shoes or clothes, I spend my money on creams, shampoos, heat protector gels, scalp oils, cuticle salves. You name it, I've got it. But I'm very picky about what I buy. So here are my beauty tips for the day: Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray combined with Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream. Then a thin layer of SPF 30 for the face and I'm glowing. The combination of Colorado's elevation, dry air, and intense rays are murder on women's skin. I'm 41 but I sure as hell don't want to look 41! And I took my wise sister's advice, and only wash my face with a cleansing milk. And I mist throughout the day with the Rosewater spray. It's heavenly.
And this is so as Dax's mom, I have this on record: as we drove to a friend's house the other day, Dax says without missing a beat - tractor's LIFT dirt, dump trucks CARRY dirt, snowplows PUSH snowflakes. Yup, he's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment