Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I should be going to bed but instead I'm updating my blog in the hopes that the pestery things on my mind will not enter my dreams if I jot them down here. A few entries ago I wrote about the importance of saving and not spending and then my husband goes out and buys a 2009 Subaru Outback and we've got to find a way to pay for a second car payment. Luckily, all our credit card debt is finally paid off and we're letting out a big sigh. What we paid toward debt will now be redirected toward a car payment. And Tim was right - our 365,000 mile Honda had no driver's seat belt and the clutch was the original - in other words it was about to gooooooo. Tim's freelance paychecks will also certainly help ease the second car payment burden. But it's scary being locked in to two car payments. And we just found out that our renters are most likely leaving at the end of their lease in June. We could not have found kinder, tidier, more caring renters than this German couple. They love our house like we do. We may be looking at trying to find new renters of the same caliber from here in Colorado and that's not an easy task. So a lot of big financial woes on my mind and my husband's but I've just got to believe that everything works out and it works out the way it's suppose to. As much as I resist the all-out American consumerism, there are things that one needs to live. I don't want to live like a pauper but I certainly disdain gluttony. I'm just trying to find a balance, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment